A next edition of the symposium on Embedded Systems for Real-Time Multimedia (ESTIMedia) will be organized in 2017. The workshop will be held as part of the Embedded Systems Week. The papers will be published in the ACM digital library.
Multimedia and camera-based technologies play an important role in our daily life, and have become among the most relevant technological innovations. These technologies have proliferated into a wide range of application domains like Internet-of-Things (IoT), Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS), Healthcare and Medical Image Processing, Security, Consumer, etc. The evermore increasing computational and communication requirements demanded by current and next generation multimedia and image/video processing devices together with energy constraints which characterize portable devices require innovative design methodologies and tools. The IEEE/ACM ESTIMedia aims to bring together people from different multimedia and imaging-related research communities who have worked separately but did not interact sufficiently to address the challenges facing the design of hardware and software layers of such highly specialized multimedia and image/video processing systems.
The 15th edition of ESTIMedia is continuing to be run in the Embedded System Week and will provide a forum for researchers, from academia and industry, to present and discuss innovative ideas and solutions related to embedded systems for real-time multimedia and image/video processing. This year, a special focus will be on reliability and dependability of multimedia systems.
ESTIMedia focuses on all challenges related to the design of hardware and software in highly specialized multimedia and image/video processing systems. Topics of interest include all aspects of the design and implementation process of embedded single and multi-processor systems. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Emerging trends for embedded multimedia systems (approximate computing, neuromorphic computing, embedded/mobile gaming, etc.)
- Application of camera-based processing in IoT, CPS, and Healthcare
- Real-time medical imaging
- Security and protection of media processing and streams
- Circuits and architectures for embedded multimedia and image/video processing systems
- Multimedia processors, reconfigurable architectures, many-core systems, and networks-on-chip
- Specification, modeling, design methodologies, and case studies
- Validation and verification of embedded multimedia and image/video processing systems
- Software optimization and compiler techniques
- Timing aspects of media streams
- Scheduling and analysis of media processing
- Resource and QoS management methods
- Real-time kernels, OS and middleware support